Bosch offers service plans that align with the common applications for cellular connectivity on Bosch control panels. The largest component of data usage is typically destination supervision (poll rate). Session-based applications such as RPS and Remote Security Control (RSC) can also use significant data volume.
To reduce the risk of overages, Bosch offers a shared data structure for all plans. For example, Connection A uses 120 kB on a 100 kB plan and connection B uses 10 kB on a 100 kB plan, your account has 70 kB remaining between the two connections before an overage occurs.
Find full plan information in your Bosch Cellular agreement. Data is shared across connections at the plan level – 100 kB, 1 mB, or 5 mB.
Estimate data usage
This section provides information to estimate data usage so you can choose from the available service plans.
Supervision (poll) rate
The poll rate is the rate of cellular check-in messages. The rate is the largest contributor to monthly data usage.
– Check-in (poll) or event (alarm): 100 bytes
RPS data usage varies based on session length and the number of changes. Specific factors to consider:
– Normal Sync (users, passcodes): 5 to 10 kB
– Full download for GV3 and prior: 50 kB
– Full download for B9512G/B8512G, D9412GV4/D7412GV4/D7212GV4, and B Series: 150 kB
– Firmware updates on D9412GV4/D7412GV4/D7212GV4: 700 kB
– Firmware updates on B9512G/B8512G and B Series: 1.4 mB
– RPS Diagnostics: Determined by session duration